Video Production Specialist Position
Dovetail & the Video Production Specialist, a Short Story:
Dovetail is a brand reimagination agency.
Okay, so what does that mean? Well, we are constantly challenging what we see before us. We rethink, revise, refresh, revisit… reimagine. Look, we’re not your average agency (yeah, we know, everyone says that, but hear us out). Here, we strive, every day, to provide an opportunity to unleash your creative superpowers. Sounds good, right?
As a brand reimagination agency, we help clients reimagine what’s possible by transforming those possibilities into amazing realities. When clients come to Dovetail seeking our brand strategy and storytelling expertise, we dive headfirst into an immersive journey of bringing their visions to life. We harness the power of creative channels like digital advertising, video, social media, and web to craft captivating narratives that leave a lasting impact.
And this is where YOUR story begins…
We’re seeking a new member to join our experienced team as a full-time Video Production Specialist — a talented individual who thrives on contributing to every aspect of the creative process, from conceptual thinking to video/audio editing and motion design. At our agency, we highly value creative, design, and technical details, and creating an environment where team members genuinely enjoy working together.
Some of the Primary Responsibilities for the Position:
- Assures a thoughtful, quality production and editing of audio/video content that will enhance the brand’s storytelling through media, social, interactive, .com campaigns, etc.
- Assures the accurate and timely execution of all projects and maintains communication of project’s status to the Creative Director and project managers
- Assures the evolution of audio/video capabilities through the research, testing and implementation of new technologies and platforms
Other Essential Duties:
- Research, concept and edit compelling and engaging content for the latest video platforms
- Help create innovative content for brands utilizing the latest technological and interactive mediums
- Assist with video production by editing, audio mixing, animating/motion design, and some shooting, as needed
- Use editing software to assemble video, graphics and audio into a dynamic visual presentation (Adobe Premiere / Adobe After Effects)
- Stay current on new technologies and innovations in video/digital arenas; share knowledge with larger creative team
- Collaborate with team members to help conceptualize story/campaign ideas and assemble into content that supports the brand objectives
- Integrate and adjust video for multiple, varying social media, mobile and ad platforms
- Edit footage of varying complexity, while ensuring the optimum end user experience
- Accurately proofread all materials prepared
- Proactively generate ideas and creation of projects as well as provide detail-orientation in assuring completion of projects
Preferred Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia or related field preferred
- 1-3 years experience in Multimedia, video production, or related field preferred
- Ability to problem solve by identifying issues and finding alternative solutions
- A self-starter with a drive to expand personal skills with an openness to alternative ideas, methods of production, and new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with balancing and prioritizing multiple projects
- Ability to log and organize footage clearly and concisely
- Knowledge of Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator), Microsoft Office required
- Experience in operating camera and audio equipment preferred
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Matching 401k
- Additional bonus incentive program based on performance and company revenue
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Team lunches
- Creative office environment
- Hybrid office schedule — four days in-office (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), one day remote (Wednesday or Friday)
To be considered, please send your resume, cover letter and examples to email@example.com with subject line, “Video Production Specialist”.
Note: Freelancers are welcome to inquire.