Hiring: Full-Stack Web Developer (with an emphasis on front-end)
We’re looking for an experienced Web Developer with some full-stack chops — can develop in WordPress, wants to have fun and be part of a creative team that appreciates good design, UI and UX.
Here’s our story and what we’re looking for:
Dovetail is a brand reimagination agency. What does that mean? Well, we help clients reimagine what’s possible. We have a reputation for producing great work and delivering for our clients. We’ve been building websites in some fashion since 2002, and over the years have built some pretty big sites and some smaller ones, too, based on the challenge we’re trying to solve.
Brand strategy tends to be the reason a lot of clients arrive at Dovetail, and from there we become immersed in finding a better solution — and that usually leads to the web. Sometimes it’s building a website from scratch and sometimes it’s implementing strategic improvements along with the development.
And that’s where you come in!
We’re seeking someone who wants to contribute and can play a role as a technical lead, can do both front- and back-end development, and can help evaluate additional resources when we need them (it’s hard to know everything!). You’ll be joining a team where creative and technical details are valued and people truly enjoy working together.
Here are some of the responsibilities for the position:
- Work closely with leaders and the project manager to ensure our projects meet specified requirements, times and budgets
- Research, design and implement technical specifications for projects based on user requirements as indicated in the scope of work, wireframes and sitemap documents
- Lead the development for a small team and work with external resources when necessary
- Ensure projects are built to meet performance, security and functional requirements
- Oversee the development and maintenance of websites and other custom programming assignments, as applicable
- Knowledge of building landing pages in HubSpot, SharpSpring, MailChimp is a plus
- Develop new processes, analyze current processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Perform backend/database programming for key projects
- Stay up-to-date on industry standards and trends, and bring them to the team to get excited about
- Assist with testing, debugging, documentation and overall quality assurance of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Examples of websites developed and portfolio
- At least 4 years of experience with WordPress development
- ASP, and web servers (ISS/Apache) is a plus
- Experience in custom web application development
- Ability to understand business requirements and non-technical reasoning behind a decision or position, and present a clear solution to non-technical people
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 A & AA requirements and how to test and solve for accessibility
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Matching 401k
- Additional bonus incentive program based on performance and company revenue
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Team lunches
- Hybrid office schedule – open to full-time remote for the right fit
To learn more, visit dovetail-stl.com.
To be considered, please send your resume, cover letter and website examples to email@example.com with subject line “Full-Stack Web Developer”.